ESRT has been awarded a Michigan OSHA Consultation Education and Training (CET) Grant for the 2022/2023 grant cycle. Class fees are covered by the grant.
The following classes are being offered:
- Grain Bin Awareness - 4 hours
- Managing Farm Tractor and Machinery Emergencies - 12 hours (Operational)
Farm Tractor & Machinery Emergencies - Refresher for those who attended 12-hour class - 3 hours
Confined Spaces/Toxic Gasses - Awareness - 2 hours
Agroterrorism for First Responders - Awareness - 2 hours
Agroterrorism for Farmers - Awareness - 2 hours
Farm Silo Fire Management Strategies - Awareness - 2 hours
Classes will be scheduled as open-enrollment classes.
Resource Document: Basic Strategies for Farm Emergencies
Through a grant from Michigan OSHA, ESRT has developed 20 Strategies for Ag Related Emergencies. These Strategies are intended for first responders.
Click here to review the document.
Emergency Responder Training
- Grain Conditioning & Management
- Monitors and air quality safety
- Government regulations: OSHA, DOT, FDA, EPA laws and updates
Farm & Youth Families
- First on the Scene of a Farm or Workplace Emergency
- CPR & Emergency First Aid Care for Farmers
- Tractor & Machinery Operation Certification Training